Today marks two weeks that I have been on short-term disability at work. The last day I drove to and from work was extremely painful. Even sitting at my desk was painful, all because of the sciatica in my upper left leg. Even now as I stand and type this feel it: a constant burning sensation on my left outer thigh.
It's kind of strange. Either I feel pain in my lower back, or I feel pain in my left leg. I don't recall ever feeling it in both places at the same time. Generally when I wake up in the morning the pain is in my lower back, but it quickly moves to my thigh and stays there throughout the day. Lying on my back will take it away, but who wants to stay on their back all day???
For whatever reason the pain seems to lessen as the afternoon approaches. The last two afternoons I've felt good. Then towards the evening the pain seems to start to come back in a minor way, probably because this is when I am more likely to be sitting on the sofa. So my main pain comes from sitting which just happens to be the position I am in all day at work. :-(
Please pray for us as we look for a used car to replace our ailing Nissan 200SX. It's leaking oil (again), and besides the fact that we are tired of taking it in for repairs all the time, I need a car with an automatic transmission to commute to work and back (52 miles round trip in traffic).
Now on to my inspirational note for the day...
God loves me and wants to be in an intimate relationship with me so much that He willingly and without hesitation sent His only Son to suffer and die for me. Just imagine, the God of the universe took on human flesh and suffered unimaginable pain and sorrow just so I could live my life freely in relationship with Him.
I must be pretty cool, huh? I hope you all have a great day. Thanks for your continued prayers and support.
Aaron
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aaron----Ooooooh, it hurts just to think about the pain you are experiencing. I will continue to support you with prayers, and for the other issues you requested. Having an upward look as you do will give you strength. Remember God's hand is holding your hand with a firm grip, pulling you closer to Him.---Meb
Post a Comment