Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My First Post

Well here I am. I've never been much of a blogger. I try too hard to come up with great things to say to impress people, or I get too concerned about privacy on the internet. Nonetheless I thought it would be good to start one while I am recovering from my herniated disc / sciatica. It will give me something to do as well as let you check in on me whenever they'd like. I'll try to keep it up-to-date every day while this is going on.

To catch you up if you aren't aware of my situation, I have a herniated disc in my lower back that is causing my sciatic nerve to be pinched. I have been out of work on short-term disability since 11/11, and I had an epidural steroid injection on Thursday, 11/13.

I have seen minimal improvement since the injection. Basically my day consists of getting up in the morning and performing some stretches along with some core stabilization exercises. The pain I feel at this time is moderate, so I take my pain medication (Percocet), and about 30 minutes later I'm "happy". I can't drive or do any heavy lifting, but other than that I feel pretty okay.

Aaron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're all thinking about you and prayinng for you. I'm sure we've all had aches and pains that we complain about that don't come close to what you're going through. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise to allow you to get out of the "rat race" for a little while and be able to spend more time with Vicki and Jasmine. God Bless,
Jeff, Sandy, Kyle and Baby Roy