We have a trip planned to Tennessee this week for Thanksgiving. I hope the weather allows it. It's really cold here today, a low of 20 overnight and a forecase high of only 43 today.
My blueberry muffins are ready! Time to eat one or two with some milk, take a percocet, and make some coffee.
1 hour later...
Thank God for painkillers. When I'm feeling so much constant pain it affects not only my physical body but also my attitude and state of mind. So from now on I'll delay blogging until after they have kicked in. Of course they also have an effect on my brain, giving me a bit of a buzz. I can understand how people become addicted to them, and I pray that is something that I won't have to deal with.
Please remember my friends Walter and Shannon Herron in your prayers. If you're not aware of their situation, check out their blog at http://letshelpwalter.blogspot.com. They are in desperate financial straits and have been for a while, but only yesterday I tried to call and found that their cell phone and home phone have both been disconnected. I am very concerned for them.
I was reading my Bible just now in the book of John where Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead (11:1-44), and something struck me. Verse 35 says, "Jesus wept." and verse 33 says "a deep anger welled up within Him." So if you believe the Bible is true and that Jesus is God's Son, then isn't it amazing that God feels emotions like we do? I mean, why would God -- the all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of everything we see and everything we don't see -- get angry or weep over something like this? That's the unfathomable part about Christianity: God loves us so much that He feels with us. He feels our pain when we are hurting. He is filled with joy when we are. God is with us and loves us in a way I'll never fully be able to comprehend, but I'll keep trying.
"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."
Ephesians 3:14-20
No comments:
Post a Comment