Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:16 AM
Today would be my mom's 60th birthday. I just thought of that as I typed the date above. I wish she could have met Vicki and Jasmine. I am truly blessed to have such a loving wife and beautiful daughter in my life.
I took an oxycodone (Percocet) pill immediately upon getting up this morning. It seems my body is getting used to them and it's taking more time for them to take effect. I took one last night, but it never took effect because I'd waited until the pain was too great. I've tried to limit myself on them, but I think that might be changing as trying to live with this much pain is a miserable experience. My entire family can attest to that as they've helplessly watched me struggle to find a pain-free sitting position. There is no such thing without painkillers.
I find myself more and more being open to the idea of surgery, but I'm not to the point that I want to take that step just yet. I'd like to try one or two more steroid injections first and/or look into a chiropractic procedure called decompression. I just don't want to drag this out for months as it's tough on all of us living as far away as we do from family. There have even been thoughts of trying to live closer to family temporarily until I get through all this, but we'll see.
If you want to comment on this or any post all you have to do is click the "comments" link below. A comment form should come up on the screen, but you might have to wait a few seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment