Friday, February 13, 2009

Followup

I have an appointment to meet with a cardiologist on Tuesday at 4:15 PM. I've been doing some more reading on the internet about common iliac artery aneurysms. (Say that fast 10 times!  And I never thought I would learn how to spell aneurysm without have to look it up.). You have to take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt, but I still like to see what I can find and do my best to interpret the information when I obtain it from professional medical journals. Here's what I've surmised so far, keeping in mind that I could be totally off on any or all of these:
  • The rates of prevelence for isolated aneurysms of the common iliac artery is anywhere from .03% to .008% of the general population (3 in 1,000 to 8 in 100,000). What makes an aneurysm isolated and if mine fits that definition I do not know.
  • As I said before, this condition occurs mostly in older adults.
There are other things I could share that I've read, but I know how reading about this stuff on the internet only causes me to worry over things I don't need to be worrying about. That's why for now I'm going to wait and see what the doctor has to say Tuesday.

Aaron

No comments: