Saturday, January 17, 2009

Positivity

I deleted my last post because being transparent and expressing how I feel is one thing while continually being negative and bringing everybody else down with me is another. In defense of myself, the foundation upon which I've lived my life (God's contract with me: being a good person = His protection from all bad things) has been pulled out from under me. I'm not sure what gave me the idea that God had made such a promise to me, but I certainly made it central to who I am and everything I do.

I'm starting to see it more as God and life being two separate and distinct things. I'm not sure if that's 100% correct, but it is more in line with what I think the Bible says as well as the experiences I've seen good people go through. Perhaps God intervenes sometimes, but many or most times He allows us to go through the things life throws at us. Perhaps the good part about letting us go through it is that 1) we grow through adversity, and 2) we are able to understand, have compassion for, and help others who go through similar situations.

I hope very few of you read my last post. I know you did Rajani, and I hope this one can  somehow cancel it out. For those of you who didn't, consider yourselves lucky and spared. :-)

Have a wonderful day,
Aaron



1 comment:

Keith Adams said...

Your comment about life and God not being equal is something I personally feel. At work there is a Christian lady who asks me often "How is life treating me?" My typical response is, "You know, life is life. But God is good." By the way, I follow you on google reader, and posts are not erased. I was not brought down by your post. Love you brother, and I am standing with you.