Once again I'm thinking about going to nursing school, but I'm concerned with how my back problems will play into that. Will they prevent me from doing the job? That's the big question for me. There's a lot of lifting and physical work involved, and I'm not sure at this point if my back will be up to the challenge when the time comes. I have plenty of prerequisite classes to complete before I would get into the physical aspects of nursing, so my back is not a show-stopper there. I'm leaning toward taking an online class if I can find one. I need to get a plan in place though so I have a map to follow to reach my goal. It would be a nice change from the IT work I've been doing for 15 years now. I've thought about making the change off and on for a few years, but it's never been more than an idea, and I've always come up with reasons for not doing it. Here's my pattern: work gets stressful, I think about nursing school, work gets better, nursing schools drops out of my mind. Round and round again.
I'm going to go relax because Jasmine will be waking up anytime now, and Vicki and I don't get much time to ourselves any more. It's all worth it though. Jasmine has been drooling like crazy the past 1 1/2 days because she is teething and her molars are coming in. Vicki had to change her shirt twice yesterday because of all the drooling! Hopefully that will end soon.
God bless,
Aaron
No comments:
Post a Comment